AZ Shuttle provides shuttle service from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport directly to Sedona Mago Retreat.
Reservations can be made online at Arizona Shuttle. Online reservations must be made before 6:00 pm the night before travel in order to guarantee your space. For reservations made after 6:00 pm the day before your travel day, call the AZ shuttle office directly to confirm your space at 1-800-888-2749 or 928-282-2066.
When you arrive at the airport, go to the baggage claim area and an Arizona Shuttle representative wearing a red shirt will be waiting to assist you.
Check in time at Sedona Mago Retreat is 4:00 pm and check out time is 12:00 noon.
Please note: Dinner is your first meal upon check-in and is from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm. Please be aware that we are located 30 min away from restaurants and there are no meal options after 7:00 pm. If you plan to arrive later than 6:45 pm please eat beforehand and remember we are a meat-free, alcohol free and smoke-free facility. You can purchase light snacks and drinks at the Welcome Center, which is open from 8:00 am-7:30 pm daily.
Sedona Mago Retreat is located 40 minutes southwest of downtown Sedona and 2.5 hours north of Phoenix. You can arrive by personal car or by booking shuttle services. If this is your first time driving to Sedona Mago Retreat, arrange your driving schedule so you can arrive during daylight hours because it goes through the National Forest and road signs and lighting are limited. If you arrive after 5:00 pm please arrange late check-in.
Please be aware that GPS may lead you to Forest Service Road 525, which passes through the private property of our neighbors. Do NOT use 525.
Input 700 N. Bill Gray Road, Cottonwood, AZ 86326 on your GPS to get directions to the correct turn-off and take Bill Gray Road (761). The retreat center is located about 10.8 miles from 700 E Bill Gray Road. It is about a 30-minute drive up the dirt road.
DRIVING MAP PDF
Directions from Phoenix & Southern Arizona
- Take Interstate Highway I-17 North for about 90 miles.
- Then take the Cottonwood Exit (#287). Turn left and follow Hwy 260 West toward Cottonwood for 12 miles to the intersection of Hwy. 89A.
- Turn right going toward Sedona. Go through two traffic lights and then you will see a brown sign indicating 761 or Bill Gray Road on your left side.
- Turn left onto Bill Gray Road.You will see two large gold colored statues on your right and the Immaculate Conception Church on your left.
- Continue on to an unpaved road on your right. This is Bill Gray Road. There will be a brown colored sign saying “761.”
How to drive down Bill Gray Road (Forest Service Road 761)
Driving down Bill Gray Road for the first time can feel challenging; however, it can also be an invigorating experience. Let yourself flow with the natural vibration of the drive and take in the beautiful scenery around you.
- Bill Gray Road is an unpaved forest service road. The road is bumpy. You may see several narrow paths to your right and left, but do not go down them. Stay on main road, which is the widest main path.
- When you enter the unpaved road, set your travel odometer to 0.0. It will take 10.8 miles to drive to the retreat center—if you drive 25 mph, it will take 35 minutes. Although you may have only driven a few miles, it can feel like you have been driving a long time. Keep checking your odometer to see where you are on the road.
- Around 6.5 miles you will see a fork in the road; stay on the right path. (On the left you will see a brown sign marker that says “258”; do not follow this.)
- At 10.4 miles you will see a sign on your right for Sacred Mesa Trail. You will start to see the retreat center in the distance on your left.
- At 10.8 miles you will see a sign on your right for Ilchi Road. Turn left at this sign, cross the cattle guard, and go approximately 1,000 feet to the Sedona Mago Retreat’s main gated entrance. You will see a call box on your left. Push the “CALL button” to ring the Welcome Center attendant.
- Once the attendant lets you in, make a sharp left and follow the signs to registration.
Directions from Flagstaff & Northern Arizona
- Take 89A South through Sedona OR take I-17 south from Flagstaff to the Sedona exit (for Hwy. 179); follow 179 into Sedona and turn left onto Hwy. 89A (going toward Cottonwood).
- Follow Hwy. 89A through Sedona until you see a brown sign for 761 or Bill Gray Road on your right side.
- Turn right onto Bill Gray Road.
From this point, please follow the instructions above, “How to drive down Bill Gray Road (Forest Service Road 761).”